How Do the Drop Rates Work?
Our drop rates are set in our back-end administration platform for the game.
Drop rates indicate the likelihood that you will receive the specified item. Here are a couple of quick examples to help explain how drop rates work:
- If you have a coin, the likelihood of tossing this coin and getting heads versus tails is 50%. Each time that you toss the coin is independent of the previous coin toss, and the likelihood of getting heads versus tails does not change because you tried again. If you toss this coin 10 times, it is possible that it may turn up heads every time, just once or twice, etc. Each coin toss is independent and not affected by the previous coin toss.
- In relation to the game, if you buy a Premium Bot Crystal, and the drop rate for a 4-Star bot is 3%, this does not mean that if you buy 100 Premium Bot Crystals you are guaranteed to receive three 4-Star bots. This means that you have a 3% chance to get a 4-Star bot each time you open a crystal. If you purchase one Premium Bot Crystal, you could receive a 4-Star bot, or you could purchase multiple Premium Bot Crystals and not receive any 4-Star bots.
Which Items Display Drop Rates?
You will see the drop rates displayed for crystals purchased in the following stores or areas of the game:
- Crystal vault
- Special event-driven stores
- Shard crystal stores
- Other crystals purchased with real money or Energon (within the stores or as special promotions)
Where Will I Find This Information?
Within the game, when you go to any of the stores mentioned above to purchase a crystal, you will find an info icon.
Drop Rate Misconceptions
We strongly believe in keeping Transformers: Forged to Fight fair for all of our players, and as such:
- There are no specific drop rates for individuals.
- Drop rates are not affected by how much money is spent within the game.
- Specific bots do not have a higher drop rate than another bot unless otherwise noted in the drop rates of the crystal.
There is no easy answer for a streak of bad luck, and we certainly understand that misfortune can lead to disappointment and frustration.
Our drop rates are set to ensure that there is not only a balance maintained between the opportunity to obtain valued items, but the rarity and integrity of these items as well.
While the drop of a specific bot is not guaranteed, there are many ways to get the one you want:
- 3-Star & 4-Star Bot Crystals
- Random drop from Premium Bot Crystals
- Ranked rewards from arenas
- 3-Star bot chance from your Daily Crystal
- Specialty crystals which increase the chance of getting the bot you want
Make sure that you check the game for new offers and events!