Players must be Commander level 18 or higher to interact with masteries. Once you reach level 18, you will gain one mastery point per level. The maximum amount of points you can earn by leveling up is 33 at level 50.
How to Manage Your Masteries
To manage your mastery tree, go to your profile, and tap on the MASTERIES button. Each mastery has several ranks. Once the requirements are met, each rank may be activated by consuming one mastery point and some currency such as Gold.
Masteries are divided into offense and defense. These mastery trees have a variety of buffs that apply to your bots. A minimum amount of spending within the same category may be required to unlock certain masteries. For example, some offensive masteries require a minimum of 10 points spent anywhere else in the offensive category in order to access them.
Rank up your masteries and add as many points as you like until you optimize them.
To unlock certain masteries, you will need mastery cores. There are currently two different types of mastery cores. You can purchase cores in the store, or participate in events and missions to earn them as rewards.
Tier 1 and Tier 2 Cores
Can I Reset My Mastery Points?
You can recover your points and rebuild your mastery tree as many times as you like. There is no cost to reset your masteries. However, this action will not refund the Gold or Energon you have spent leveling up each mastery.
Cores are NOT lost when you recover your mastery points, and any unlocked masteries will remain unlocked after recovering.
Why Can I Not Unlock All My Masteries?
It is not possible to have every mastery active simultaneously, as there are not enough mastery points for that. This means you will have to choose where you put your points based on your style of play or what works best for your bots and squads. The reset option lets you try again if you do not like the mastery selections you have made, or to try something new if you are bored with your current setup.
Do Masteries Affect Modules?
No, modules receive no benefits from masteries at this time.
Do Masteries Affect Defenders?
Yes. Bots on defense do benefit just the same as bots on offense. This applies to player versus player modes like raids and arenas.
Why Are Some Masteries Locked?
Locked masteries are more powerful than their unlocked counterparts. Once a mastery is unlocked, it remains unlocked forever. Masteries could be locked for the following reasons:
- You have not met the minimum requirements shown on that mastery.
- You do not have the required mastery cores to unlock the skill.
- You do not have any mastery points or currency available.
- Damage: Increases the attack rating of all bots.
- Sequencer: Increases special damage for special attacks activated after a combo.
- Courage: Grants an attack buff while health is low.
- Sniper: Basic ranged damage is increased based on the distance from the opponent.
- Gunslinger: Grants an attack buff after successfully sidestepping a ranged attack.
- Counterpunch: Grants an attack buff after successfully sidestepping a melee attack.
- Pierce Armor: Critical hits ignore a percentage of enemies’ armor.
- Critical Rate: Increases the chance to score a critical hit.
- Critical Damage: Increases the damage dealt by critical hits.
- Health: Increases the maximum health of all bots.
- Armor: Increases passive armor for all bots, reducing attack damage.
- Full Mettle: Grants an armor buff while health is almost full.
- Resist Melee: Reduces damage from close-range attacks.
- Critical Resistance: Reduces enemy critical rate.
- Critical Damage Resistance: Reduces enemy critical damage.
- Resist Ranged: Reduces damage from long-range attacks.
- Energy Resistance: Reduces damage from energy-based attacks.