You can see your purchase history in the App Store or iTunes Store.
After you buy content from the App Store, iTunes Store, or make other digital purchases with your Apple ID, you can redownload your purchases on any compatible device. If you want to see a complete list of your purchases in chronological order, you can view your purchase history.
In Your Purchase History, You Can Do These Things:
- View when an order was billed to your account.
- View the date of a purchase.
- Resend email receipts.
- Report a problem or request a refund.
- Search by the amount charged (web version only).
See Your Purchase History on Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on the [your name] button, then on the iTunes & App Store button.
- Tap your Apple ID, then tap the View Apple ID button. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
Note: If you use Family Sharing, you will see in your purchase history what you bought using your Apple ID, but you will not see what other family members bought. To see what other family members bought, sign in with their Apple ID.
- Swipe up to the Purchase History bar and tap it.
Note: If you need to adjust the timeframe, you can select the Last 90 Days option at the top of the screen to choose another year or date range.
- Choose the purchase that you would like us to investigate by tapping on the > button to the right of the Total Billed charge.
- On the Order screen, locate the individual purchase in question and tap on it to load the order details.
Note: If you have been asked to submit a screenshot of your purchase details, this is the screen we need the screenshot of:
Learn what to do if you still cannot find your purchase or if you see unexpected charges.
Important: If you are not currently logged in with the same Apple ID that you use to make purchases in the App Store and iTunes Store, if you're using a different device, or if you don't see your purchase, learn what to do by tapping on the following image: