Gear changes the combat readiness and physical appearance of your Champions. Stronger gear equates to stronger Champions and is paramount for victories throughout Battleworld.
In order to access your gear, you will need to navigate to your Champion's OVERVIEW menu. You may do so by:
- Tapping on your Champion on the home screen
- Tapping the UPGRADE button on the home screen
- Tapping your Champion’s profile image in the fight screen
- Tapping the icon in order to access your CLAIMED GEAR inventory menu
In your OVERVIEW menu, the different gear slots for your Champion will be displayed on the right side of your screen.
Tapping each icon will display which pieces of gear you have for that specific slot and Champion. The number at the bottom of the gear slots denotes your inventory capacity for the specified Champion.
To equip your gear:
- Tap the appropriate gear slot icon you wish to equip
- Tap the gear you wish to equip
- Tap the EQUIP button in the gear info window
- Gear highlighted in white is currently equipped to your Champion
Upgrading your gear will make it even more powerful, increasing both your Champion’s stats and rating. While most upgrades require Gold to complete, you may need more advanced materials for higher-rated gear.
To upgrade your gear:
- Tap the gear you wish to upgrade
- Tap the UPGRADE button in the gear info window
- If you have enough resources to upgrade, you will be able to proceed to the next step
- Tap the UPGRADE button in the LEVEL REQUIREMENTS window
- Gear with the icon have available upgrades
- Gear with the have been fully upgraded
If you have acquired an excess, or you have outgrown your old gear, you can scrap those items for resources. You may scrap gear from your OVERVIEW or your INVENTORY menus.
In order to scrap gear:
- Tap the gear you wish to scrap
- Tap the SCRAP button
- Be sure to confirm that you have the right gear selected, and the resources you will receive
- Tap the SCRAP IT! button
Gear in the head, chest, neck, arm, and leg slots add stat benefits to your Champion but do not change your abilities.
Gear in your weapon slot, however, does change the abilities you have available for some Champions.
For example, Black Panthers can use claws or spears. This gives them two dramatically different playstyles to choose from. In order to swap between playstyles, you will need to equip the appropriate weapon.
Gear can be obtained throughout Battleworld. Crates and crystals award gear as possible or guaranteed items.
Gear may also be received from completing arena conquest or stronghold matches. You are more likely to receive gear for the current Champion you are using from these game modes.