To obtain a Guardian, you will first need to collect them through crystal rewards, purchase them with in-game currency, or earn them as a unique reward for your progress. After the first time you fulfill one of these requirements for a particular Guardian, any additional fulfillments will convert the Guardian into duplicate rewards.
What Do I Get When I Duplicate a Guardian?
Duplicate Guardians will convert into an amount of Guardian shards that is determined by the duplicate’s star rating and an amount of Ranged, Support, Tank, or Melee Stardust depending on the role of the duplicated Guardian:
- You earn 10 Guardian shards and 10 role-specific stardust for duplicating a 1-star Guardian
- You earn 30 Guardian shards and 30 role-specific stardust for duplicating a 2-star Guardian
- You earn 100 Guardian shards and 100 role-specific stardust for duplicating a 3-star Guardian
- You earn 450 Guardian shards and 450 role-specific stardust for duplicating a 4-star Guardian
- You earn 1,500 Guardian shards and 1,500 role-specific stardust for duplicating a 5-star Guardian
Stardust collected from duplicating Guardians can be used in the Stardust store to purchase unique rewards and items. Each type of stardust is a different currency and cannot be combined to purchase Guardians in the Stardust store.
Note: You do not gain additional copies of a Guardian when duplicating them. Every time you earn enough Guardian shards to gain a rarity star, the amount of Guardian shards required for that Guardian’s next rarity star increases.