During your time exploring the Mirrorverse, you will put your Guardians through trials called quests. While each quest is different, they are generally comprised of:
- Nodes that require energy to move through.
- Enemy encounters that contain a group of battles to complete.
- Rewards and treasures.
The Magic Mirror will assist you on your quest through your choice of quest modifiers or “boons.” Any buffs granted this way will apply to all of your Guardians until the completion of the map. These buffs will not carry over to any other quest.
You may have the opportunity to gain multiple boons along the way.
There are two major types of rewards that may be won directly from the completion of quests: completion rewards and mastery rewards.
These rewards require that you simply run the map to completion once.
These rewards require that you collect every quest star on the map. This generally requires multiple playthroughs. You must complete the map each run in order for the fragment to count towards mastery.
Each map will have completion rewards and mastery rewards. The guaranteed items for these rewards can be found by tapping on the treasure chest for the appropriate quest before entering the map.
In addition to rewards given for the completion and mastery of quests, you may also pick up additional map rewards along each quest map.
It is also important to note that in addition to the completion or mastery rewards, you may pick up additional items along the way including XP motes, mystery boxes, and treasures. These items are held in your quest storage and will be sent to your inventory or stash upon completion.
There are many quest types with different completion and exploration rewards. Below is a list of some of the most common quest types.
- Story Quests: These quests allow you to explore the entirety of the Mirrorverse. These quests are always available, and their progress does not reset. Story quests are further separated into chapters and acts. As you proceed through the quests, you will advance both your chapter and act progression.
- Event Quests: These quests are very diverse and often center around a singular story arc. Each quest is unique and will offer different rewards. These quests are temporary, and their progress does not generally reset.
- Daily Quests: These quests allow you to earn upgrade gems, XP motes, and more for upgrading your Guardians. The class upgrade gem daily quest rotates daily, so different awards will be available at different times. The diamond upgrade gem daily quest remains active every day. These quests are always available and their progress is reset daily.