During your time exploring the Mirrorverse, you will put your Guardians through trials called quests. While each quest is different, they are generally comprised of:
- Encounters within the quest that require energy in order to begin.
- Enemy encounters that contain a group of battles to complete.
Mickey Mouse and others will occasionally assist you in your encounters with offers of free magic items. Any modifiers granted this way will apply to your Guardians until the completion of the current encounter. These magic items will not carry over to any other encounter.
You may have the opportunity to gain multiple magic items along the way.
Quest Star Rewards
Whether you complete the quest encounter with one star or with three stars, you will receive rewards upon achieving victory. The more quest stars you earn through completing objectives, the greater your rewards will be.
Each encounter will have possible rewards outlined in the panel on the right side of the screen. Some rewards will only be granted upon obtaining all three stars for the encounter. The OBJECTIVES section lists the necessary actions to obtain each star.
There are many quest types with different completion and difficulty rewards. Below is a list of some of the most common.
- Story quests: These encounters allow you to explore the entirety of the Mirrorverse. These encounters are always available, and their progress does not reset.
- Story quests are further separated into chapters. As you proceed through the encounters, you will advance your chapter progression.
- Supply runs: These quests allow you to earn gems, Gold, and motes for upgrading your Guardians. The quests for the role-specific gems rotate daily, so different awards will be available at different times. The quests for Gold, motes, and diamond gems remain active every day. These quests are always available, and their progress is reset daily. More information on how the daily quests work can be found in the Supply Runs article.
- Tower of Talents: The quests here become progressively more challenging as you climb the tower. Each floor completed will provide you with rewards of Gold and pages to form books. Each tower is restricted to only one type of Guardian trait, however, meaning your team must have at least one Guardian with the qualifying trait on your team. As you progress in the tower, your team will become restricted only to Guardians that share that tower’s specific trait.
- Event quests: These encounters are very diverse and often center around a singular story arc or theme. Each quest is unique and will offer different rewards. These quests are temporary, and their progress generally does not reset.
- Campaign quests are special events that will contribute to your Daily League and Campaign League Points and earn you event currency. The more Campaign Points you receive, the higher your rank will be in the campaign, and the greater your campaign event rewards will be.
- Dangerous dungeons: Encounters in the dangerous dungeons are hidden by Stellar Fog. As you explore the dungeons, you will attract attention from fractured enemies on each floor. Once you have defeated all enemies on the five floors, you will be able to claim your rewards gathered in the dungeons. Participating in the dangerous dungeons can also provide you with relics.
- Rift Raids: Participating in Rift Raid encounters is a little bit different than other types of quests. You and your alliance members will be able to work on encounters collaboratively in this mode. Quests here are broken into multiple tiers and then further divided by the final enemy type: Minion, Sentinel, and Gatekeeper.
How Do I Unlock Story Quests?
You can view the requirements to unlock a specific story quest chapter by tapping on the grey ENTER button for each quest you have not yet unlocked. You should see a pop-up message that outlines the requirements.
How Do I Fill the Leader Slot?
Some quests may require you to choose one of the three Guardians on your chosen team to be the team’s leader before you will be permitted to begin. To select a leader for your team, tap on the dark circle icon immediately above your chosen leader’s head. When a Guardian is selected as the team leader, they will have a small white indicator with a dark star appear within the dark circle icon above and a yellow circle under their feet. You can select a team leader from the TEAM POWER screen before entering an encounter. The leader will be the Guardian that you will manually control when you enter the encounter.