Make sure your app is updated to the latest game version, as it will give you access to the latest and greatest features. An updated app can also resolve a lot of common issues you may encounter while running our games with an outdated version. In addition to making sure your app is updated, updating your device’s operating system (OS) will also help your app run more efficiently.
Whenever we release a major game version update, you may be forced to update your app.
If you need to update your app manually, however, you may follow the instructions below. Keep in mind that because of the variety of iOS and Android devices, visuals or steps may vary.
How to Manually Update Your Game Version
- Open the App Store on your device.
- From any tab in the App Store, tap your account icon in the upper right.
- Under the AVAILABLE UPDATES section, check to see if there is a newer version of the game ready for installation. The Account page may need to be refreshed in order to see the latest version.
- If an update is available, tap the UPDATE button next to it.
- If prompted, enter the Apple ID and password, then tap the OK button. After this, the update will begin its download and installation.
- Once the update has completed, there may be additional data that needs to be downloaded and installed prior to entering the game. This will happen automatically once you launch the game app.
Note: You can identify if your app has already been updated by locating it in the Updated Recently section.
- Tap on the Play Store icon on your device.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the My apps & games option.
- From here, you will have the option to manually update your app by tapping the UPDATE button to the right of your app, or the UPDATE ALL button at the top of the Updates pending section.
Note: You can identify if your app has already been updated in the Recently updated section of this menu.
How to Check Your Device’s OS
Use one of the following links to learn about how to check and update your OS based on your device: