Alliance wars is a game mode in which two alliances compete in exploring one another's quest maps and defeating their assigned defenders. An individual alliance war takes place over a 20-hour placement phase, where alliances place their defenders on their own map, and a 24-hour attack phase, where alliances work through the map attacking their opponent’s defenders.
An alliance war is initiated once the leader or an officer selects the number of battlegroups for the war, which begins the four-hour matchmaking process. Each alliance can have a minimum of one and a maximum of three battlegroups during the war. Points are rewarded based on various aspects of completion, exploration, and participation.
A season is a four-week-long event where alliances compete for season points by fighting wars against other alliances of similar tiers. At the end of a particular war season, the alliances and their eligible members receive rewards based on their tier and total points for that season.
Single War and War Season Rewards
With each individual alliance war won or lost, qualifying members of the participating alliances receive rewards such as catalysts, crystal shards, and Loyalty.
The alliance war season rewards are much more valuable than the rewards for individual alliance wars. Season rewards include temporary alliance war titles, as well as a variety of crystals/shards and catalysts/fragments.
The rewards can change from season to season, and the best way to see the current rewards is by using the green VIEW REWARDS button on the ALLIANCE WARS page. These rewards are sent to players shortly after the end of the season.
In order to be eligible for the season rewards, Summoners must participate in at least 5 wars that season and remain in the alliance until the rewards are sent out. Any Summoner who had action taken against their account during the season, for whatever reason, will not be eligible for the season rewards.
- Seasons are self-contained periods of alliance war competition.
- During a season, every point earned in an alliance war counts towards that alliance’s season score.
- The higher the alliance’s war rating tier, the higher their score multiplier will be, and the more points they will receive for winning.
- Extra points are given to the winners of each war.
- There will be a global leaderboard that is divided into brackets (master, platinum, gold, etc.).
- Season rewards are defined per the brackets.
- Alliances can move “freely” between brackets as they acquire or lose season points.
- Their multiplier will be applied to their score after each war (after the win bonus is applied) before it is added to the leaderboard.
- The leaderboard can shift, depending on the activity of alliances participating.
- This may cause a change of an alliance’s tier, even if that alliance did not take part in a war. Since all wars do not start or end at the exact same time, an alliance’s tier is not finalized at the end of their current war, but rather at the end of all currently participating alliance’s wars. The tier an alliance is in before or during a war may not be the same tier after all wars have completed.
- New alliances will gain war ratings even if they lost during their first few alliance wars.
- The exact amount of time or matches where this will occur will vary, based on their performances.
- If the rating difference between two alliances is larger than usual, the winning alliance may not receive a war rating increase. The losing alliance, if they are a new alliance, may also receive an increase as the system determines where best to place the new alliance.
- The latest information on alliance war seasons can be found on our forums.