Quests are a feature in The Contest where players are able to battle enemies for rewards. While each quest is different, they are generally comprised of:
- Nodes and paths that require energy to move through
- Enemies that must be battled and defeated
There are two major types of rewards that may be won directly from quests, completion rewards, and exploration rewards:
- Completion rewards require that you simply run the map to completion once.
- Exploration rewards require that you explore every node/path and complete the map. This generally requires multiple playthroughs.
Each map will have completion rewards and exploration rewards. The guaranteed items for these rewards can be found by opening the quest, selecting the difficulty mode, and tapping on the VIEW QUEST REWARDS button. It is also important to note that in addition to the completion or exploration rewards, you may pick up additional items along the way. These items are held in your quest storage and will be sent to your inventory or stash upon completion.
Example of a quest rewards screen:
There are many quest types with different completion and exploration rewards. Below is a list of some of the most common quest types:
- Story quests: These quests allow you to explore the entirety of The Contest universe, as well as battle for unique items, such as titles, which may provide special rewards such as new crystals. These quests are always available, and their progress does not reset.
- Daily quests: These quests generally contain catalysts and or catalyst fragments. These quests are always available and their progress is reset daily.
- Event Quests: These quests are very diverse and often center around a singular story arc. Each quest is unique and will offer different rewards. These quests are temporary, and their progress does not generally reset.
- Alliance Quests: These quests allow you to battle alongside your alliance members in real time to take out linked nodes and defeat difficult bosses for rewards. These quests last for a set time, and their progress does not reset.
You may leave a quest without quitting it entirely to ensure your current quest progress is not lost. In order to do so, tap on the top-left back button to bring you to the previous quest selection screen, or tap the top-left menu button (both shown below) to display the drop-down menu. This will allow you to select the HOME button, the CRYSTALS button, etc.
If you would like to quit the quest entirely to cancel any progress you had made and free up your Champions, you may tap on the bottom-right exit button, and then tap the END QUEST button (both shown below).