How Do the Drop Rates Work?
Our drop rates are set in our back-end administration platform for the game.
Drop rates indicate the likelihood that you will receive the specified item. Here are a couple of quick examples to help explain how drop rates work:
- If you have a coin, the likelihood of tossing this coin and getting heads versus tails is 50%. Each time that you toss the coin is independent of the previous coin toss, and the likelihood of getting heads versus tails does not change because you tried again. If you toss this coin 10 times, it is possible that it may turn up heads every time, just once or twice, etc. Each coin toss is independent and not affected by the previous coin toss.
- In relation to the game, if you buy a Premium Hero Crystal, and the drop rate for a 4-Star Champion is 2.4%, this does not mean that if you buy 100 Premium Hero Crystals you are guaranteed to receive a 4-Star Champion two times. This means that you have a 2.4% chance to get a 4-Star Champion each time you open that crystal. If you purchase one Premium Hero Crystal, you could receive a 4-Star Champion, or you could purchase multiple Premium Hero Crystals and not receive any 4-Star Champions.
Which Items Display Drop Rates?
You will see the drop rates displayed for crystals purchased in the following stores or areas of the game:
- Glory or Loyalty stores
- Crystal Vault
- Special event-driven stores
- Daily cards
- Crystals purchased with real money or Units (within the stores or as special promotions)
Where Will I Find This Information?
Within the game, when you go to any of the stores mentioned above to purchase a crystal, you will find an information icon.
When you tap on this icon, you will see the drop rates for the items within the crystal. The drop rates will be displayed as a percentage. Below is an example of how and where this information will be displayed:
Note: The icon might be also located in the upper-right corner of the item, and it would look like this:
We strongly believe in keeping The Contest fair for all of our players and as such:
- There are no specific drop rates for individuals.
- Drop rates are not affected by how much money is spent in the game.
- Specific Champions do not have a higher drop rate than any other unless otherwise noted in the drop rates on the crystal.
How Do I Get Champions or Catalysts That I Want?
While the drop of a specific Champion is not guaranteed, there are many ways to get the Champion you want:
- 3-Star, 4-Star, 5-Star, and 6-Star Hero Crystals from crystal shards
- Random drop from Premium Hero Crystals
- Ranked rewards from arenas
- Login Crystal from your monthly login calendar
- Specialty crystals increase the chance of getting the Champion you want. As an example, the Thunderous Crystal has an increased chance of getting a 3-Star or 4-Star Thor (Jane Foster).
Make sure that you check the game for the latest offers and events!
Catalyst daily quests have a chance to drop a full catalyst upon completion. If you do not receive a catalyst, you are guaranteed to receive catalyst fragments that are converted to a full catalyst once they reach the required threshold.
Where Can I Get Catalyst Fragments?
These fragments can be obtained from event quests, event rewards, and from selling catalysts. Remember that successful daily event quest exploration and completion will grant you special rewards!
Fragments are obtained from tier 1 to tier 4 as basic and class catalysts.
What Are Limited Time Offers?
The system may offer you a catalyst as a limited time offer in exchange for Units.
Let Us Know What You Think!
Our goal is to create a game that everybody can enjoy, and we always welcome your feedback. Your suggestions can help us as we build future content for the game and we would love to hear your thoughts. To share your suggestions with us, please submit your feedback through this form.