Each Champion of 2-star rarity or higher has a powerful, unique ability that must be unlocked, and leveled up to become stronger.
Signature abilities are unlocked the first time you receive a duplicate of a Champion or by using the class-appropriate awakening gem. There are also basic awakening gems that can be used on any class. The benefits of a Champion’s signature ability increase as the ability levels up.
Signature abilities may be leveled up by receiving more duplicate Champions of the same star rating as well as using the appropriate signature stones.
Every time that a duplicate Champion of the same star rating is received, that Champion’s signature ability will increase. The number of levels received per duplicate may vary based on the star rating of the duplicated Champion. Additionally, if the Champion is a basic hero obtained as an arena award, they will only reward one signature ability level.
Once the signature ability has been unlocked, the stars of your Champion will change color from the original golden to platinum.
Leveling Up Your Signature Abilities:
Remember that the amount of levels you unlock with each duplicate depends on the tier of your Champion:
- 2-star duplicate Champions grant +1 signature ability level for each duplicate.
- 3-star duplicate Champions grant +8 signature ability levels for each duplicate.
- 4-star duplicate Champions grant +20 signature ability levels for each duplicate.
- 5-star duplicate Champions grant +20 signature ability levels for each duplicate.
- 6-star duplicate Champions grant +20 signature ability levels for each duplicate.
Awakening gems are used to awaken the signature ability of a Champion that you have not yet received a duplicate for. Using this item will turn your Champion’s stars from gold to platinum and will unlock their signature ability at level one, adding to their strength.
When Can I Use Them?
Awakening gems are used on Champions that do not yet have a signature ability unlocked. They cannot be used on a Champion that already has an unlocked signature ability. These items also come in a variety of classes and tiers.
Awakening gems of a certain class or tier must match the class and tier of the Champion you are using it on.
- For example, a 2-star Mutant Awakening Gem will not work on a 3-Star Wolverine but will work on a 2-star Wolverine.
What Do Signature Stones Do?
Signature stones allow players to increase the signature ability level of their awakened Champions.
Which Champions Can I Use Signature Stones On?
Signature stones can be used on a Champion that has been awakened through duplication or an awakening gem, unlocking their signature ability. This item will not work on Champions that have not yet been awakened.
What Types of Signature Stones Are There?
Signature stones are divided into tiers and classes just like upgrade items. The tier and class of the signature stone must match the Champion you are trying to use them on. The stones are color-coded to their corresponding classes.
- For example, a Tier 2 Mutant Signature Stone +1 can only be used on a 2-star mutant Champion with an unlocked signature ability and will raise the Champion’s signature ability level by one.
Unless the signature stone is a basic signature stone, you will need to match the stone's class to a correct Champion. You may see an example of a basic signature stone in grey below:
How Many Signature Ability Levels Do They Add?
Signature stones have different values that raise your Champion’s signature ability. The number of levels increased will be indicated by the number following the plus sign (+).
- For example, signature stones +1 will add one signature ability level, and signature stones +2 will add two signature ability levels to your Champions.
Signature stones cannot add signature ability levels past 99 for 2- through 4-star Champions, or past level 200 for 5- through 6-star Champions. However, they can still be used even if you have reached the cap, effectively wasting them. Be on the lookout for maximum-level Champions when using signature stones!