In The Battlerealm, combat is a combination of skill, strategy, and timing. A number of abilities require precise timing, even frame-perfect timing, to be effective, such as tapping a certain part of the screen within one second of a certain timeframe. Early or late reactions can mean the difference between being knocked out or stunning your foe in their tracks.
Some Actions That Require Special Timing Are:
- Parry mastery: A well-timed block right when attacked reduces damage by an additional X%. If contact is made by basic attacks, inflict a Stun debuff for X seconds. Stun duration increases with Perfect Block Chance.
- Dexterity Mastery: While dodging backward, your Champions are not struck by attacks. Successfully avoiding an attack in this way grants a +X Critical Rating buff that lingers for X seconds after your next hit.
- Blocking: Tapping your Champion reduces the effect of incoming attacks.
- Dodging: Swiping your Champion moves them back and away from danger.
- 5- & 6-star special 3 damage bonus bars: See image below.
Here Is A Common Example:
You are in a match and your opponent is coming in for a dash attack. If you have the Parry mastery, timing your block to happen at the same moment of the attack can cause that wonderful Stun debuff to happen, opening your opponent up to a flurry of your Champion’s kicks, punches, and special attacks.
Given how these types of abilities operate, properly timing them is immensely important so that they can have their intended effect. This timing may come down to a fraction of a second. Frame-by-frame differences might make the results vary from too early, just at the right moment, or in some cases too late for the effect to be activated.
Experienced players will tell you that the best way to get the timing down is by practice, practice, practice!
You may notice that this timing can be easily interrupted by any network or display lag that may occur. If you feel that you are experiencing any lag or other performance issues, we recommend looking up these troubleshooting articles to help improve performance: