Never Give Out Your Password!
Kabam Support will NEVER request your password. NEVER give your password to anyone or open unknown links from untrusted sources.
Signs of a suspicious email:
- Any password reset emails where you did not request a password reset.
- Any email asking you to verify account ownership when you have not contacted Kabam Support recently.
- Any email that asks you to provide your password.
- Any email where the sender domain is NOT @kabamsupport.com or @kabam.com.
Here is an example of a phishing email. Notice the unofficial email and the request for passwords.
What to Do if You Receive a Suspicious Email:
- Avoid opening any links provided by that email, and either ignore the email or contact Kabam Support.
- Take a screenshot of the email, including the email address that contacted you.
- Contact Kabam Support and make sure to include this screenshot with the report.
How to Avoid Being Scammed:
- Choose a secure password, and change your password frequently.
- Make sure that you have optimized the security settings of your device.
- Do not share your phone passwords with anyone at work or in social contexts. Cover your device when entering your login credentials in public.
Other Common Scams:
- Creating a false identity or impersonating a Kabam official or representative to get your personal information.
- Advertising free, in-game currency in exchange for your login credentials.
- Watch what you download! Third-party software that modifies the application in any way can be used to steal passwords. Be especially careful of downloads that do not come from the official website.