Having an up-to-date version of The Contest is vital to a smooth gameplay experience, as it will give you access to the latest and greatest features. An updated app can also resolve a lot of common issues you may encounter while running our games with an outdated version. In addition to making sure your app is updated, updating your device’s operating system (OS) will also help your app run more efficiently.
Whenever we release a major game version update, you may be forced to update your app. Please ensure that your device meets the requirements required to install and run The Contest. These requirements periodically change as The Contest advances, and can be viewed on the Device Compatibility article.
If you need to update your app manually, however, you may follow the instructions below. Keep in mind that because of the variety of iOS and Android devices, visuals or steps may vary.
How to Check Your Device’s OS
Use one of the following links to learn about how to check and update your device’s Operating System (OS) based on your device:
Keeping your device is up to date is an excellent way to minimize issues when updating The Contest.
If you experience issues updating your game after the release of a new patch or after a new installation, it is usually related to a lack of space on your device. While your device may have enough room to install The Contest, it may not have enough room to run it optimally.
In some cases, the requirements will state that you only need a small amount of free space on your device to complete the installation, but the game will require additional space once you update it. This happens because the initial download is only a fraction of the full game.
How to Manually Update Your Game Version
- Open the App Store on your device.
- From any tab in the App Store, tap your account icon in the upper right.
- Under the AVAILABLE UPDATES section, check to see if there is a newer version of the game ready for installation. The Account page may need to be refreshed in order to see the latest version.
- If an update is available, tap the UPDATE button next to it.
- If prompted, enter the Apple ID and password, then tap the OK button. After this, the update will begin its download and installation.
- Once the update has completed, there may be additional data that needs to be downloaded and installed prior to entering the game. This will happen automatically once you launch the game app.
Note: You can identify if your app has already been updated by locating it in the Updated Recently section.
- Tap on the Play Store icon on your device.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the My apps & games option.
- From here, you will have the option to manually update your app by tapping the UPDATE button to the right of your app, or the UPDATE ALL button at the top of the Updates pending section.
Note: You can identify if your app has already been updated in the Recently updated section of this menu.