How Powerful Are They?
A 4-star Champion at rank 2, level 20 will have slightly higher stats than a 3-star Champion at rank 4, level 40.
Where Do I Get a 4-Star Champion?
Exchange crystal shards for a 4-Star Hero Crystal.
Collect 4-Star Hero Crystal Shards from duplicate 3-star Champions and as rewards from arenas, event quests, and alliance events.
How Powerful Are They?
A 5-star Champion at rank 3, level 45 will have slightly higher stats than a 4-star Champion at rank 5, level 50.
5-star Champions are unique in that they introduce an interactive special attack system.
Third Special Attack
5-star Champions introduce a quick time event into the game when using their third special attack or being attacked by an enemy Champion’s third special attack.
Once enough energy has been stored, tapping on the special attack button will initiate the cutscene for your Champion’s attack as normal.
A bonus bar will then be displayed at the bottom of the screen. This bar will fill from left to right towards the marker near the middle of the display.
Tapping the bar when the meter is as close as possible to the white marker will produce a bonus that strengthens your attack or mitigates the damage of your opponent's special. Stopping the bar in the yellow zone will create a partial bonus, whereas tapping on the white zone will create a full bonus for your attack or defense.
Where Do I Get a 5-Star Champion?
You can find them as:
- Guaranteed drops from 5-Star Hero Crystals
- Event quests rewards
- Alliance events rewards
- Grandmaster Crystals (rare drop)
Collect crystal shards from duplicate 4-star Champions, rewards from event quests, and alliance events.
How Powerful Are They?
For example, a 6-star Champion at rank 1, level 25 will have slightly higher stats than a 5-star Champion at rank 4, level 55. A 6-star Champion at rank 2, level 35 will have slightly higher stats than a 5-star Champion at rank 5, level 65.
Where Do I Get a 6-Star Champion?
You will need to collect at least 10,000x 6-Star Hero Crystal Shards to acquire a 6-star Champion.
Examples of where shards can be obtained:
- Duplicating 5-star Champions
- Completing the higher difficulties of monthly event quests
Rank & Level
Take into consideration that reaching rank 2 with a 6-star Champion uses more resources than reaching rank 5 with a 5-star Champion. While the 6-star Champions are more powerful, it is not an easy task to upgrade them. Make sure that you strategically plan how you want to spend your resources when upgrading 6-star Champions.
Note: Currently, you will only be able to reach rank 3 with a 6-star Champion.
Here is the breakdown of what you will need to rank up your 6-star Champion:
Rank 1 to 2:
- 7 Tier 4 Basic Catalysts
- 7 Tier 4 Class Catalysts
- 7 Tier 2 Alpha Catalysts
- 3 Tier 5 Basic Catalysts
- Average Gold per level cost: 24,924 Gold*
*Total Gold needed to reach rank 2: 529,173 Gold
Rank 2 to 3**:
- 8 Tier 4 Class Catalysts
- 8 Tier 2 Alpha Catalysts
- 4 Tier 5 Basic Catalysts
- 1 Tier 5 Class Catalyst
- Average Gold per level cost: 26,934 Gold*
*Total Gold needed to reach rank 3: 705,565 Gold
**Additional details for rank 4 and higher will be released in the near future.
Adrenaline is only available to 6-star Champions. After your Champion is struck by your opponent, you may be able to hit your opponent back to regain some of the health that you lost. Here is more information on how this mechanic works:
- When your Champion is hit by the opponent: 100% of the damage is applied to your Champion as usual. In addition, adrenaline is added to your Champion’s health bar. The amount of adrenaline added is based on a percentage of the damage received.
- When your Champion hits the opponent: When you attack your opponent and you have adrenaline activated, adrenaline is subtracted from your Champion and converted into regular health.
- This effect only occurs on light, medium, heavy, and special attacks. It does not apply to damage that is caused by abilities such as Bleed, Poison, etc.
- Adrenaline is applied on hits and blocks. You can gain health from the chip damage you deal from blocking opponents.
- When your Champion is idling: 1.5 seconds after your Champion is hit, adrenaline starts to decay. It decays at a rate of 1.5% of your Champion’s total health per second.
- Adrenaline does not count as actual health. Even with adrenaline activated, if your health drops to zero, the fight is lost.
- Adrenaline does not interact with your masteries or buff nodes, so it is not affected by effects like Heal Block. The one exception to this is healing abilities. When your Champion heals, it reduces the amount of adrenaline they have. The ratio is one-to-one. For every one HP they heal for, one adrenaline is reduced from the health bar.
Can I Get the Champion I Want from the Kabam Support Team?
The short answer is no. We will NOT be able to add any Champions to your account, as this is unfair to the rest of the community. We do not make exceptions to this rule.
However, there are many ways to get them in the game:
- Getting enough of the required crystal shards for a full crystal.
- Purchasing featured hero crystals and Grandmaster Crystals.
You can find crystal shards as rewards from:
- Alliance event, quest, and war rewards
- Duplicating other Champions
- Event and story quests
How Do the Drop Rates Work?
We strongly believe in keeping The Contest fair for all of our players, and we do not create specific drop rates for individuals.
The drop rate indicates the likelihood that you will receive the specified item.
In relation to the game, if you buy a Premium Hero Crystal, and the drop rate for a 4-star Champion is 2%, this does not mean that if you buy 100 Premium Hero Crystals you are guaranteed to receive a 4-star Champion two times. This means that you have a 2% chance to get a 4-star Champion each time you open one of those crystals. If you purchase one Premium Hero Crystal, you could receive a 4-star Champion, or you could purchase multiple Premium Hero Crystals and not receive any 4-Star Champions.
Where Will I Find This Information?
Note: While the following information only applies to purchased crystals, the same crystal obtained any other way in the game will have the same drop rates.
Within the game, when you go to any of the stores to purchase a crystal, you will find an info icon.
When you tap on this icon, you will see the drop rates for the items within the crystal. The drop rates will be displayed as percentages. Below is an example of how this information will be displayed:
Can I Sell My Champions?
As of May 3, 2021, Champions can no longer be sold. For more information on why this decision was made, please see this article: Selling Champions
Feedback? We Are Listening!
We know that community feedback is a big step on our journey to improve the game experience. Our developers gather ideas and suggestions to make changes to the current system. They are also constantly working on new features and improvements to the game.
We would love to hear your thoughts. Please post your feedback to let us know what you think.
You can also request new Champions in our character wish list thread.